Job Title: Business Executives – Advertising (Several Career Jobs)
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Business Executives – Advertising will be responsible for growing advertising sales volumes in order to generate revenue and achieve the business targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively build and grow the advertising business by conducting daily Sales visits to potential and existing clients.
- Coordinate the production of client’s adverts and get their approval
- Collect dues on ail advertising space sold on credit with in agreed timelines
- Maintain sales contacts with appropriate representative of major advertisers and to follow-up and resolve any complaints.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly prospects of potential clients File weekly reports with the business manager on week’s activities and itineraries.
- Coordinate supplements for MPL clients.
- Ensure that adverts and content for supplements are done, ready and approved in liaison with the relevant departments at MPL.
- Provide monthly sales and collection reports to the sales manager.
- Process all customer complaints and give feedback to ensure customer satisfaction and growing client portfolio.
- Perform any other key job tasks as assigned by the Business Manager – Advertising.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The prospective employee should hold a diploma and or a bachelor’s degree In any business-related course or equivalent business
- A minimum of two years’ working experience in a sales related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer literacy skills
- High drive for results
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong customer focus
- Good planning and organizational skills
How to Apply for the job:
All potential job suitors with a desire to work in one of Uganda’s leading Media Houses, Monitor Publications should send their applications to the regional centres with detailed CVs and academic documents with a daytime telephone number to: The Resourcing and Talent Management Specialist, Monitor Publications Ltd. P.O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda. Or you can send an email to [email protected]: Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line.
NB: Please Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th February 2014