Job Title: Humanitarian Coordinator
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Job Summary: The Humanitarian Coordinator is responsible for managing FCA’s humanitarian activities both in the immediate emergency response and in the longer term humanitarian assistance in Uganda. S/he shall significantly contribute to international fundraising and ACT Alliance activities in the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee FCA’s Education in emergency project in Adjumani, Uganda.
- Offer technical support to FCA and partners staff in education in emergencies
- Develop FCA’s country humanitarian strategy for Uganda in accordance with FCA’s policies and guidelines
- Establish, coordinate and be responsible for high quality education in emergency programmatic work
- Contribute to local and international fundraising
- Map and assess existing and potential education in emergency partners and their capacity; identify and coordinate new education partnerships; build and coordinate overall partner cooperation
- In charge of advocating for FCA education in emergency program in the country
- Ensure coordination with other INGOs and local authorities
- Perform any other duties as designated
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably have three years’ experience in working in humanitarian program related field operation or field activities in developing countries and having knowledge of education in emergency
- Past exposure and experience in implementing Education in Emergencies especially Special Needs Education programs
- Proven experience and capacity in humanitarian project management (PMER), including project financial management
- Past experience with data collection, management, analysis and report production
- Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards
- Proven skills in preparedness planning and LRRD approach
- Gender analysis skills and an understanding of the practical significance of gender issues in humanitarian environment
- Past experience in cooperating with local organizations, international actors and UN agencies
- Good strategic and context analysis skills
- Strong English writing skills to prepare reports, promotional materials and oral presentations
- Proven team orientation skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural environment
- Past experience in capacity building of local partners
- Willingness to travel in the country (requirement of valid driving license)
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the Finn Church Aid (FCA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2015