Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration – Uganda Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
International Relief & Development has an upcoming five year $25 million – $75 million USAID Uganda Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Program. The overall goal of USAID’s WASH program in Uganda is to accelerate sustainable improvement in water and sanitation access and improve hygiene behaviors in the target districts. To accomplish that requires the Contractor to execute tasks which contribute to five distinct outputs:
- Increase use of improved household sanitation;
- Strengthen national and district water and sanitation governance;
- Expand key hygiene behaviors at home, school and health facilities;
- Improve management of small town water supply and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Director of Finance (DFA) will be responsible for managing all financial functions in the country program, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grants financial management. The Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as IRD’s internal policies and procedures, and provides timely reports, advice and assistance to the Chief of Party and the IRD Health Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables;
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in both the main country office and in field offices in accordance with IRD policies and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, cost allocations, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance;
- Hire, train, supervise and support finance staff in country;
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of IRD programs;
- Offer monthly standard accounting submissions to IRD Headquarters, including expenditures by cost center/project (budget vs. actuals), sub-grantee reporting and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Develop annual fiscal year budgets with the Country Director and develop and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems with Program Managers;
- Perform internal audits/reviews to ensure compliance with IRD and donor requirements;
- Effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train staff in these policies;
- Develop and maintain local office policies and procedures and provide training for all issues related to local financial matters;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of ten years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three years’ international experience.
- Working knowledge of Deltek/Costpoint accounting system.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of donor regulations; including multi-million dollar construction projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to Apply Online by Clicking on the web link below.