Job Title: Project Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will steer and build relationships with behavioral change skills and creative approaches in the effective and efficient implementation of the “Preach the WASH Gospel” project in line with World Vision Uganda National Office Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively coordinate and support the Design and implementation of project activities.
- Excite and engage church leaders to become champions for WASH through a challenge-based radio campaign program and or other creative ways.
- Offer subject matter expertise on Nutrition in Health and WASH programming in line with World Vision Uganda National Office strategy
- Steer the assessments of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) interests in the different churches where the project will be implemented
- Build the capacities of project staff, key project partner staff and community structures in participatory methodologies such as PHAST, CLTS etc to encourage their participation in project activities.
- Actively participate in community mobilizations, meetings and community trainings so as to ensure full participation of beneficiary communities in improving their hygiene and sanitation situations.
- Mentor church leaders and volunteers to achieve visibility of the Preach the “WASH gospel” project
- Offer technical support in the development of new or long-term projects proposals.
- Actively facilitate inter-village competitions and rewards for performing churches in transforming their communities for WASH.
- Develop, document and publish guidance manuals and models in implementation of WASH through church institutions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Project Coordinator should hold a Bachelors Degree in a WASH related field, Social Sciences, Theology and or Mass Communication attained from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Behavior Change programming for WASH.
- A good knowledge of key challenges affecting WASH Interventions in Uganda.
- Prior experience in facilitating any of the WASH participatory methodology such as PHAST, CLTS etc
- Past exposure and experience in community mobilization and empowerment interventions
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 29th July, 2014