Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company founded in the United States in 1965 dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC provides a range of technical assistance to strengthenhealth and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems.
About USAID SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The USAID SUSTAIN Project ending December 2016 supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will support the USAID SUSTAIN Project through the coordination of the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported DTRA project activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will supervise the procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
· He / she will also ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are respected.
· Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
· Arrange for appropriate suppliers and transporters for deliveries.
· In charge of procurement of printing for training materials (stationary,manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID SUSTAIN Procurement Assistantvacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, preferably with a focus on Procurement.
· At least three years of project administrative support experience, preferably with USAID-funded programs
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
· Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for three professional references in the subject line addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd July, 2015 by 12:00 pm