Job Title: Child Sponsorship Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 40 districts of Uganda.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The World Vision Child Sponsorship Manager will offer overall leadership, support, guidance and management of Child Sponsorship Operations in WV Uganda (NO, Cluster and ADP) for the transformation of Children, Families, Communities and Sponsors in a way that leads to the attainment of Child Wellbeing
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leadership and Management:
- Offer technical guidance on integration of Child Sponsorship programming with other transformational development programming across the entire NO.
- Steer the dissemination and support implementation of Partnership and NO Child Sponsorship strategies, guidelines, initiatives and policies.
- Take lead of the implementation of management decisions/recommendations in the at the National Office in order to met quality standards, and promote alignment with strategies and standards.
- Develop National wide Child Sponsorship human resource development plan, and manage staff development/ growth in order to build a cadre of high performing staff for effective delivery of Child Sponsorship operations.
- Guide WVU senior leadership and management teams on matters that pertain to cabing Child Sponsorship operational risks, ceasing opportunities and effective delivery of Child Sponsorship programming.
2. Strategic Planning and Sponsorship Programming:
- Take lead in development of Key Sponsorship documents inclusive of Strategy, Annual Sponsorship operating plan, Initiative Implementation Plans, (SINGLESTEP implementation), Budgeting.
- Direct DME processes in line with Sponsorship Programming guidelines.
- Provide overall guidance and support in designing and redesign of Programmes as per Sponsorship guidelines and partnership Strategic direction.
- Disseminate National Office guidelines for sponsorship programming, sponsorship for transformation, sponsorship & DME process at Cluster/ADP levels.
- Develop context-based guidelines for the realization of better Child Sponsorship.
- Actively participate in the Review of ADP AOPs/DIPs.
- Guide Clusters on how to utilize SingleSTEP information for planning in order to address child wellbeing.
3. Manage Sponsor KPIs:
- Develop plans and guidelines for effective and efficient management of Sponsorship KPIs
- Track and monitor KPIs and advise Field Teams as well as SMT/SLT on ways to improve performance.
- Guide teams in the management of KPIs in keeping with partnership and National Office contextualized standards.
- Build teams, coach, mentor and train staff to manage sponsorship operations efficiently & effectively.
- Develop tracking and monitoring tools for Sponsorship Key Performance Indicators.
- Conduct field visits and online support for Staff.
- Compile Sponsorship Activity Schedules and guide Clusters/ADPs to contextualize them
- Manage Annual Partnership Sponsorship processes like Annual Reconciliations and Censuses
4. Management of Operations and Standards:
- Responsible for the effective, efficient and proper management and use of assets
- In charge of financial management and accountability in line with policy guidelines
- Child Sponsorship performance in line with partnership standards.
- Child protection in line with partnership and national office child protection policies, guidelines and protocols.
- Implementation of audit recommendations and prevention of reoccurrence.
- Ensure sufficient, timely and accurate flow of management and operational information and reports, both internally within WVU and with Support Offices, in accordance with the set communication protocol.
5. Develop Sponsorship Process flow to/from NO and to/fro ADP:
- Guide NO, Cluster and ADP Staff on the Sponsorship Business Processes.
- Monitor timeliness and effectiveness in complying with the process-flows and advise respective staff.
6. Communications to/fro NO/Cluster to/from EARO/SOs:
- Manage all Sponsorship related Communications between NO, field Offices and SOs.
- Monitor and advise on communications (quality) to/fro NO/Cluster to/fro EARO/SOs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from EARO and SOs.
- Manage (balance) all communication demands vis-à-vis ongoing NO activities.
- Perform an intermediary role between NO and EARO/SOs.
- Communicate to Clusters/ADPs/EARO/SOs on Key Sponsorship events (Annual Reconciliation) or operations, follow-up on Reports, documents.
7. Annual Sponsorship Activities:
- Develop timeframes and guidelines on annual Sponsorship activities (APR guidelines, Annual data reconciliation, APR and Christmas Cards)
- Collect community updates, design APR and Christmas Cards.
- Guide annual events and activities as well as share with respective staff.
- Manage efficient and effective implementation of Sponsorship annual activities inclusive of Christmas Cards, APRs, Census, RC records update, and Annual Data reconciliation
8. Sponsorship Reporting:
- Develop and review Sponsorship reporting templates and build capacity of staff on how to use them.
- Review, analyse and submit WV Sponsorship monthly/periodical reports.
- Offer timely feedback to cluster over Sponsorship reports.
- Engage senior leadership and management, clusters and ADPs on Child Sponsorship reports.
9. Staff capacity Gaps Identification and Building:
- Support Sponsorship Staff Capacity building through identifying capacity gaps, developing plans and facilitate capacity building.
- Identify staff capacity gaps
- Develop capacity building (training) plans and share with the respective Clusters/ADPs.
- Effect the plans and develop report, follow up plans and actions.
10. Sponsorship Initiatives (SingleSTEP Coaching and Mentoring):
- Manage Partnership initiatives (SingleSTEP, ID Card Scanner, SD, QuickSTEP, Digital Imaging) in line with the partnership guidelines and timeframes.
- Develop initiative Plan for Implementation.
- Sensitize WV Uganda Staff on the initiative
- Assess ADPs and advise leadership of potential Clusters/ADPs for piloting and implementation.
- Make periodical reporting on the Initiative to the leadership, EARO and other stakeholders.
- Track and monitor Implementation progress and make recommendations for better decision making.
- Coach and mentor staff on the initiative and follow-up on utilization of the initiative.
- Offer technical support to the staff on the initiative
11. Manage Sponsor Visits:
- Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children in Uganda in line with child Sponsorship standards.
- Communicate to Clusters/ADPs on the intent of the Sponsor visit and attain consent/confirmation or reject on visit.
- Make communication to the SO on the possibility (confirmation, rejection) of the Visit.
- Arrange for the visit (Consider for all logistic needs).
- Attend to Sponsors and follow up on Child protection issues, visit report.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Child Sponsorship Manager Job should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any development related field (social sciences, development studies, management, education, agriculture or public health). Masters degree is an advantage.
- Great computing skills are a critical success factor.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of project/programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with community based programming and development approaches.
- Excellent people manager with good team-building skills and proven record of managing and developing teams of professionals, including those in dispersed/distant locations.
- Good organizational and time management skills in order to manage priorities within own workload, identify deadlines and cope with conflicting demands.
- A committed Christian able to engage across denominational boundaries.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: email@example.com. Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19th August, 2014