Job Title: Clinical Capacity Building Coordinator
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has four operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Training, Research, Care and Treatment. The USAID Uganda Private Health Support Program is a five year program whose aim is to strengthen and organize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit providers. The focus of the Program’s support is to provide technical capacity building, enhance quality standards and support national accreditation of private sector facilities.
About USAID Project:
The IDI is working jointly with the USAID Uganda Private Health Support Program to implement a clinical capacity building program in over 100 private for profit clinics in 26 districts. The project is heading to its second year and IDI is seeking to hire a Medical Officer to spear head this program. The USAID Uganda Private Health Support Program aims to improve the quality of healthcare services offered in the private sector by carrying out training and onsite mentorship for healthcare workers in the private sector.
Job Summary: The Clinical Capacity Building Coordinator will ensure that all classroom and field based training activities scheduled for the USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program are conducted according to high professional standards and in compliance with national and international guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical coordination for courses scheduled for the USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program.
- Take lead in the development, updating and adaptation of curricula and other teaching materials used at IDI to ensure that they meet the needs of the private sector.
- Work with the relevant departments in the Ministry of Health e.g. the NTLP, the ACP, NMCP and the MoH MCH Department to ensure that all training materials used at IDI are in line with current Ministry of Health guidelines.
2. Project Management:
- Ensure that all program milestones are met through effective planning. Create and execute program work plans and revise as appropriate to comply with program milestones.
- Oversee day-to-day operational aspects of IDI’s Scope of Work on the USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program and ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
- Ensure that work is completed according to pre- established guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Submit periodic programmatic reports to the USAID Office on program activities and advancement toward
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine (MBchB)
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health or other health related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience leading development programs in the health field
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Past experience in developing training materials
- Prior experience in conducting trainings and Mentorship for health care workers
- Proven ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment and with unique attention to detail.
- Must manage change effectively, and have the ability to mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- High level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all professional and social levels.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand-deliver, email or post an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resource,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
Deadline: Friday, 1st August 2014 by 11am