Job Title: Clinical Officer
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles California, and is the largest community-based provider of HIV treatment and care services in the United States of America. AHF registered in Uganda as AHF-Uganda Cares, is collaboration between the Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to-date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti ,Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba ,Serere, Hoima and Tororo and supporting 21 clinic sites country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all clinic activities.
- Offers day to day management of HIV/AIDS patients including patients on ART.
- Effective and active management of clients at the CCC
- In charge of maintenance and ordering of OI’s and other non-pharmaceuticals.
- Ensures proper patient record keeping on ART, Pre ART and other records according to the M.O.H guidelines and stock keeping on all drugs at the CCC.
- Organize for patient follow-up in collaboration with the community programs for default clients.
- Responsible for making and sending timely reports to the Country Program Director, M.O.H and other personnel, as required.
- Works in partnership with the hospital committee team and other stakeholders.
- Offers leadership and supervision of junior staff.
- Is responsible for management of petty cash.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Clinical Officer should hold a diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized Medical College;
- Possess a valid registration certificate from the Clinical Officer Council of Uganda
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who desire to work for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) should Apply Online through our web recruitment portal.