Job Title: Project Communication Specialist (PCM)
The Government of Uganda has received credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Competitive and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP). The project development objective (PDO) is to improve the competitiveness of enterprises in Uganda through supporting reforms in priority productive and service sectors geared towards a better investment climate with particular focus on MSMEs.
The 5 year project comprises of four major components and will be implemented by seven agencies. However, the overall coordination of the Project will lie with the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) through a Project Coordination Unit (PCU).
Job Summary: The Project Communication Specialist will mainly oversee project communications by technically supporting the PCU in ensuring timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, and ultimate disposition of project information. The PCM shall ensure timely and regular information dissemination and sharing of information to stakeholders on Project implementation issues and ensure effective stakeholder participation and support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refine/develop and supervise the implementation of the CEDP Communication
- Strategy in line with the Project Development Objective;
- Assess information needs of the stakeholders and prepare targeted messages on Project issues
- Actively coordinate the development and production of IEC materials in liaison with the various project staff and stakeholders to ensure quality and timely dissemination.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the communication strategy
- Work closely with print/electronic media on promotion of the Project activities.
- Work with traditional media groups to disseminate Project messages.
- Promote a positive culture and image of the Project and market the Project for greater visibility and access of the target population
- Actively review the information on the Project website and provide content development support and ensure website promotion on a regular basis
- Organize media events such as press conferences, talk-shows, interviews of key project staff and stakeholders on public and private media.
- Supervise the development of printed, multimedia and/or web-based publications (case studies, research reports, project updates, newsletters etc.) and provide quality control in line with the Project corporate identity standards
- Generate specific outputs (deliverables) as determined from time to time in the respective projected work plans for each quarter.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Developing and implementation of the CEDP Communication Strategy;
- Assessing information needs of key Stakeholders as well as public relations
- Monitoring and evaluation of Communication Strategy
- Promotion of positive culture and image of the project
- Coordinate preparation of information to update the CEDP Website
- Development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and multimedia productions for Social Media
- Development of a communication Procurement Plan, Work Plan and Budget
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidates should be Ugandans holding a honors’ degree in any of the following areas: Mass Communication, Journalism, Development Communication, and Media Studies
- Hold post-graduate qualification in: Mass Communication, Journalism, Development Communication, Media Studies, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration and Project Management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of six to eight years of professional experience in communication at a senior position in public or private organizations, international agencies or other credible/ reputable institutions.
- Past experience in communication and media relations, media campaigns and promotional material development
- Prior experience in using a wide range of communication tools in print, broad casting, electronic and traditional media as well as public relations
- Past exposure and experience in working with grass roots communities, private sector based marketing and promotions, non-governmental organizations, multilateral and bilateral development agencies and government.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- High level of honesty, integrity and versatility
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision and deliver under pressure
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Project Coordinator,
Competitiveness and Enterprise Development Project (CEDP)
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 1st September, 2014