Vacancy title: 4 VMMC Project Assistants
Type: FULL TIME
Jobs at: John Snow Inc
Deadline of this Job: 31 January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for VMMC positions for the USAID-Regional Health integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAID-RHITES-V, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV prevalence locations.
RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group
Job Title: VMMC Project Assistants
Reports to: District Project Coordinator
Location: District Based
Contract terms: Fixed Term
The VMMC Project Assistants will support district teams to plan for and implement VMMC services in accordance with established MOH standards and USAID RHITES-N, Lango project guidelines and regulations. .
• In collaboration with the District Project coordinator, district teams and VMMC Project officer, participate and support the development and implementation of district VMMC work plans
• Work with SBCC team to Support community based structures to plan and generate demand for VMMC. Support follow of clients according MoH guidance
• Work with District project coordinator and VMMC Officer to monitor, document and report of adverse events promptly
• Compile activity, weekly and monthly reports
• Maintain a list of trained service providers (Surgeon, Assistant & counsellor) within the district.
• Lead the joint evaluation of the camp to document best practices, lessons learnt and ways of bridging the gaps identified through pre and post camp meetings
• Maintain an updated QI dashboard for ail the sites in the district
• Provide logistical and administrative support for VMMC field activities, including transport requests, facilitating payments and any other administrative issues at the VMMC meetings
• Work with sores and supply chain to maintain adequate VMMC supplies at the district
• Compile and submit timely and accurate accountability for project funds and ensure staff claims are processed on timely
• Conduct district VMMC monthly meetings and ensure participation in Project district meetings.
• Conduct daily support supervision visits to all camps in the district to:
• Cross check participants’ duty stations during camps on registration forms
• Meet with all camp teams and ensure teams appreciate their roles and adherence to standard o Review all data tools to ensure completeness.
• Interact with the theatre team to observe infection prevention, skills etc.
• Communicate promptly changes in the schedule and give feedback to the team on best practices and areas for improvement
• Adherence to financial standards.
• Develop and ensure the use checklist for VMMC camp materials and equipment with the VMMC officer and prepare corresponding requests
• For VMMC trainings ensure training teams have required materials and equipment packed prior to training and returned to stores/inventory following the training
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Diploma in Clinical Care, Nursing or its equivalent from a reputable organization
• At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in VMMC PEPFAR program work.
• Experience working with district and health facility teams
• Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
• Oral and written English language fluency
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Clinical Care
Job Experience Requirements: two (2) years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV to not later than January 31, 2020. JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.