Job Title: Community Development Facilitator
Organisation: World Vision International (WVI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization (NGO) dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator will guide and facilitate Program Development, Monitoring and Implementation in an Area Development Program (ADP) in line with Program plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Technically support and guide ADP scheduled assessments, evaluations, TDI measurements and designs.
· Actively facilitate development of the ADP design document and AOP/ DIP.
· Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
· Write concept papers and proposals for non-sponsorship fundraising.
· In charge of monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the ADP.
· Mobilize community participation in program/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring.
· Mobilize government institutions and technical staff in the planning and implementation of ADP program and plans.
· Mobilize grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
· Build and strengthen working relationships with government institutions and other development partners within the ADP in planning and implementation of development programs.
· Identify and nurture local partnerships with grassroots civil society organizations, Churches and sub county government.
· Build and facilitate the capacity and growth of community and grassroots organizations.
· Assist in the growth of strong grassroots movements on specific advocacy issues.
· Build leadership and mobilization capacity of programme/project committees and facilitate their participation in programme/project development activities.
· Support and facilitate graduated growth of partnerships and community based organizations
· Organize community programme development and resource mobilization of planned activities such as community contributions.
· Facilitate the operations and functioning of ADP child protection committee.
· Ensure adherence at ADP of child protection policy, guidelines and protocols.
· Support and facilitate sponsorship staff and sponsorship service operations in the ADP.
· Actively monitor performance of sponsorship performance in line with child sponsorship standards.
· Ensure ADP financial and asset resources are managed and used in line with policy guidelines.
· Provide accurate and timely variances explanations on ADP over and under expenditures
· Organize ADP level forum assess progress of implementation of planned activities.
· Monitor progress of programme/project interventions against plans within the ADP.
· Organize review, reflection and learning forum for ADP staff, community, local organizations and government.
· Documentation and sharing of programme learning.
· Prepare and send ADP quality and timely reports to keep track of progress of planned activities within the area of operation.
· Produce timely and quality bi-annual and annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a good University Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field.
· Possession of a post graduate qualification in project planning and management
· A minimum of five years’ experience working facilitating community development.
· Good networking and advocacy skills
· Highly reliable and independent.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to ride a motor cycle with a clean riders’ licence.
· Person of high integrity and willing to work with minimal supervision
NB: Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal or Click here to apply
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 24th October, 2015.