The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning its self to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity, dedication and commitment for the following vacant positions. The Fund is looking for a competent person who will work smarter as part of an exciting team with a vision of becoming a better person throughout their experience.
Job Summary: The Contracts Manager will serve as the point of contact for internal customers on contractual matters and ensuring value for money is realized in all contracts signed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor contract management by user department to ensure implementation of contracts are implemented in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract and demand progress reports from user departments
- Identify potential problems in contract management and propose solutions
- Periodically review procurement and Disposal procedures and advise the HPDU on the most effective approach;
- Establish control of correspondence, data and contract reports
- Establish and maintain contracts data and develop/ implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with established procedures of the Fund
- Offer guidance to the user department in preparation of specifications and terms of reference for goods, services and works and attend to the queries, needs from user departments;
- Identification of procurement bottlenecks and recommend innovative solutions to address them
- Provide guidance on contract matters to Heads of department, including training of end users in contracting procedures.
- Participate in contract negotiations to ensure value for money and achievement of the objectives of the Fund. In addition, the successful candidate will monitor customer satisfaction with the services provided by the PDU and recommend innovative improvements.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Established contract management guidelines
- Regular reports on the performance of the signed contracts
- Established framework contracts
- Quarterly progress reports on the activities carried out in the PDU
- Monthly PPDA Reports
- Updated Records
- Bi-annual assessment of customer satisfaction
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree in either Procurement, logistics, Economics, law, Engineering or Accounting, Finance and related discipline from a recognized University
- Full possession of professional qualification in Procurement (MCIPS, CISCP, Membership to NEVI etc.) is required.
- At least four years’ experience in procurement function of which two years must have been in a busy public institution.
- Computer literacy skills especially in the use of Microsoft office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, Power point)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly Innovative
- Prior supervisory skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with copies of academic and professional qualifications addressed to the Head of Human Resources, P.O. Box 7140, Kampala, Uganda or hand deliver them to the Registry on 13th floor Workers House, for registration and onward transmission. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 29th November, 2013.