Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Community Enterprises Development Organization (CEDO), a member- based, indigenous non-governmental organization based in Kalisizo-Rakai. District has received funding from Lutheran World Relief and Progresso to take lead with other two partners in the implementation of a Project, Sustainable Enterprises for Trade Engagement ‘SENTE.”
The project aims at contributing to improved livelihoods of smallholder farmers through sustainable agriculture and has a strategic objective of increasing incomes of targeted smallholder Bean, Coffee, and Maize farmers of the greater Masaka area from the marketing of their cash crops.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer performs all bookkeeping, budget control, financial analysis and reporting related duties to personnel administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates must hold diplomas in financial management, or related discipline Good knowledge of computerized accounting, business management and data base management will be added advantage.
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with CEDO, LWR and Progresso’s missions
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Microsoft Word, excel, Access and email)
- All applicants must be willing to work and reside within the project area
- A motivator for a team and commitment to work towards project objectives
- English Language proficiency i.e. Fluent in both oral and written
- Possess the ability to work on tight schedules
- Willingness to work under performance based reward system
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess the ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle.
How to apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to apply for the aforementioned positions should specify the position, district or value chain (where applicable), send a letter of motivation and CV combined in a single pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com.
Deadline: 20th June, 2014