Job Title: Education Facilitator
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received credit financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for the Dry Lands Integrated Development Project to be implemented in the Karamoja Sub region (Project reference number UG-0082-83). The Office of the Prime Minister will implement the Drylands Integrated Development Project through Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. an International Non-Profit Organisation solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals through the Millennium Villages Projects (MVPs) in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Dry Lands Integrated Development Project will implement multi sectoral interventions aimed at holistically addressing challenges faced by pastoralist communities that directly contribute to the objective of reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and accelerating the achievements of the UN Millennium Development Goals mainly in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripiriti and Amudat.
Job Summary: The Education Facilitator will be responsible for making a reality of the execution of interventions designed to enhance universal access to, retention, equity and quality of pre and primary and secondary and tertiary education in project areas. Additionally, the holder will ensure early childhood development and adult literacy. He/she will work closely with management and teachers of primary schools, communities, education stakeholders and school owners to ensure the sector outputs are achieved
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct capacity building activities aimed at improved management of schools for education managers and teachers in the implementing schools
- Implement capacity building and refresher trainings of teachers in better teaching skills
- Oversee the implementation of a sustainable school feeding program in primary schools
- Work in collaboration with the infrastructure sector in assessing infrastructure improvement needs in the implementing schools
- Work with the infrastructure sector to ensure the developments done in the schools are user friendly
- With guidance from the Coordinator, conduct Support supervision for the schools to ensure adherence to set standards
- Make a reality the implementation of gender sensitive education programs in the schools
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Diploma in Primary Education or a Diploma in Teacher Education
- Three or more years of primary teaching Experience or a degree in education, with a background of primary teaching Education
- Demonstrated knowledge of Educational data collection techniques.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets
- Good and effective communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
- Willingness and ability to work and reside in the field for at least 90% of the time
- Possession of a motor cycle riding permit & good riding ability is a plus
- Readiness to ride a motorcycle for work is a must
- Knowledge of Karamoja working environment and language is a strong added advantage for this position.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter (in a sealed envelope clearly marked with “”APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF…””), curriculum vitae, three work related referees, copies of academic certificates, and testimonials either hand delivered or posted to this address: Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. Uganda, C/O Pacification and Development Department, 5th Floor Room 2521. Office of the Prime Minister, Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd October 2014 by 2:00pm