Standard Bank Group has a 152-year history in South Africa and started building a franchise in the rest of Africa in the early 1990s. In Uganda, we operate under the name Stanbic Bank.
We currently operate in 20 countries on the African continent, including South Africa, as well as in other selected emerging markets. You will also find Standard Bank Group in 12 countries outside of Africa.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder partners with various stakeholders within the Business to assess relevant IT and Communication systems and implement a risk management framework.
- The jobholder provides IT expertise with regards to Information Risk Management and Information Security and other IT related business related processes and oversee the ongoing management of information security policies, standards, procedures and technical systems in order to maintain, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all of the Banks information systems.
- The incumbent also ensures that the Risk Management, Access Control, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Incident Management and Response needs of the Bank are properly addressed; and to measure, analyze, monitor and control the Bank’s risk exposure.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience need for the job:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned banking job should possess a good University graduation with a degree / diploma in Business, IT or a related subject
- Professional Information Security and /or Information Technology industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CEH, CISSP-ISSMP, CISA, CRISC or GIAC equivalent) strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ experience with exposure to reviewing and advancing Information Security in a bank environment.
- Past exposure and experience in assessing and mitigating technology risk (Solid understanding of Risk Management processes)
- Prior experience and or qualification in Oracle databases, networks and systems management and ICT Projects
- Skills and knowledge in process and project management
- Including knowledge of ITIL processes including change, incident and problem management.
- Including knowledge of standard business processes including work prioritization, best practices.
- Detailed working knowledge of the ISO 27002 Standard and PCI DSS
- Comprehensive knowledge of domestic and international banking industry
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s business, products, key clients, business strategy and strategic issues
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of home markets
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to Apply Online through their linked in Profiles.