National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “To be a leading Water Utility in the World.” NWSC is a utility parastatal 100% owned by The Government of Uganda.
Job Title: Electrical Engineers (10 Vacancies)
- Provide effective and efficient response to all faults on electrical, electronic, instrumentation, control and protection systems and equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventive and predictive maintenance tasks on electrical, electronic and automation systems aimed at maximizing equipment availability and reliability for production.
- Perform root cause analysis on all electrical, electronic and automation faults and advise management on needed upgrades and new acquisitions.
- Periodic review of electrical and electronic protection systems, undertake mitigation and corrective measures to avert potential failures.
- Develop proper technical specifications for procurement of all spare parts and perform inspection on delivery.
- Design/modify electrical and electronic circuit drawings to cater for system upgrades, component additions or reviews.
- Carry out bi- annual condition assessment on electrical, electronic and automation equipment and professionally advise on the needed interventions.
- Provide leadership and technical back up to the technicians under supervision on all assigned tasks.
- Ensure proper documentation of all works/tasks undertaken and keep a clear record of all work backlogs and progress status.
- Assist in the risk assessment process, and adhere to Engineering Safety Systems of work, maintaining environment and tools for the job.
- The candidates should hold Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronic Engineering majoring in either in Electronics and Control systems, Mechanics, Electric Drives and Automation, and Power systems.
- At least two (2) years hands on demonstrated experience in electrical systems above.
- The candidate must also be computer literate and experience in advanced computer programming is an added advantage.
- Possess high levels of initiative, commitment to work, ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and identify solutions to problems.
- Be a good team player highly motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.