Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Mango Tree is a socially responsible, private limited company. As part of its social mission, over the last six years Mango Tree, under the Northern Ugandan Literacy Program (NULP), has developed a literacy model for mother tongue education that has shown significant results in improving reading and writing skills among Primary 1 – 3 children in their mother tongue (Leblango).
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for improving financial and administrative systems including budgeting, monitoring, forecasting as well as all legal, audit and contractual compliance, in accordance with the company’s mission, strategic objectives, and also in compliance with IFRS and Mango Tree’s policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure sound administration report and account for as per IFRS, regulatory, legal and internal requirements including:
- All periodical tax and pension remittance
- Financial reporting close process for all month ends, quarter ends and year end are adhered to
- Ensuring auditing is properly carried out assuring the company’s financial statements in accordance with IFRS on a yearly basis
- Improve and assure adherence to financial policies, systems and processes for the company based on the most recent developments, including authorizing & monitoring of financial documents, for all branches of the organization.
- Manage the reconciliation of all bank and petty cash accounts
- Maintain a proper asset register
- Develop, improve and implement management information and management control systems
- Assure legally sound contract administration and management for all Mango Tree stakeholders
- Prepare forecasts of cash flow income and balance sheets regularly and upon request of management or board
- Oversee the management of the company’s cash flow collecting overdue accounts and meeting company’s financial commitments.
- Develop, monitor and report the annual budget on a monthly basis recommending and implementing mid-course adjustments when needed
- Develop and implement a system for cost price and selling price calculation for small to medium size projects
- Steer the budgeting process and financial discussion for large multi stakeholder projects
- Carry out reviews and evaluation of price reduction or cash flow improvement opportunities
- Support the Executive Director and management in developing measurement of Key Performance Indicators for Staff and Departments and monitoring and reporting on a monthly basis
- Assist in developing the business and financial strategy for Mango Tree preparing monitoring reports for the board upon request.
- Manage the Finance and Administration function of the company
- Provide leadership, supervise and manage the Finance Department
- Develop relationships with insurers, auditors, bankers financial service providers and statutory organizations and negotiate with them on service level agreements, cost and interest and exchange rates
- Maintain tools and resources, including the company’s financial reporting /accounting package.
- Be the first contact for the lawyers avoiding and/or responding on any potential legal threat and or seeking advice on legal decisions to be made.
- Support other departments
- Oversee the HR function administratively while assuring integrity of the HR manager in his role as secretary of the board and representative of staff in the Board of Directors
- Support writing major contracts and agreements based on financially and legally sound templates,
- Support negotiating with major suppliers and clients.
- Provides ED, Management, Board and external stakeholders with needed finance and management information
- Support the ED and the board in arranging new sources of finance for the company’s debt facilities if the need arises
- Analyze competitors and key market trends for strategic planning purposes
- Research and report on factors influencing the company’s business performance
- Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a University degree in accounting, commerce or Business Management or Administration. The candidate will be a Certified Public Accountant, ACCA holder or their equivalents
- At least five years’ experience as a finance manager in a business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze financial data and create reports, create and track budgets, improve and maintain financial management systems according to GAAP standards.
- Ability to create short and long term forecasting reports
- Past exposure and experience in improving and adhering to sound administrative and management control systems
- Acts with the highest ethics & with commitment to social & environmental responsibility.
- Well versed with industry standard software packages for finance. Ability to use QuickBooks is a plus
- Understands and knows how to assure legal and related tax compliance
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel but also Word & databases.
- Good at thinking strategically & creatively, & following through.
- Competent in empowering staff and delegating work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including reporting and record keeping.
- Clear & effective written and oral communication, with an ability to translate technical financial data into terminology and concepts that non-accountants can understand and evaluate.
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines & quality expectations with minimal supervision.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.