Job Title: Finance Manager
People Performance Group, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client.
Job Summary: The Financial Manager will primarily oversee the periodic financial reporting function and ensure that statutory, management and board requirements are accurately, timely and adequately met as well as provide leadership, direction, and manage the activities of the Finance department with a view to establishing strong internal controls across the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that there are proper (accurate and adequate) records of all company assets and liabilities and transactions are kept.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting in conformance with applicable standards – Income Statements Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements.
- Sound management of the company’s working capital needs (cash, debtors, creditors and stock) to ensure smooth operations in full compliance with budget and lenders’ covenant requirements.
- Work closely with external parties including consultants (i.e. tax), external auditors, URA etc.
- Supervision (and motivation) of subordinate staff in the performance of their duties including selection, measurement of performance and all round development.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a good Bachelor’s degree in relevant Accounting field
- Professional qualifications i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CPA (U) / (K) qualification is essential
- At least five to six years of post-qualification experience
- Possession of an MBA/ MSc would be an added advantage
- Expert knowledge of SAP Accounting Software is a MUST
- Work experience in an audit firm of significant advantage
- Work history that demonstrates increased levels of responsibility and leadership
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of applicable standards
- Excellent level of PC skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook)
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by e-mailing their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 25th September, 2014 by 5pm