Job Title: Clinical Officer
Organisation: Health Service Commission
Funding Source: United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Reports to: Senior Clinical Officer
Funding Source: Masindi, Uganda
The United States Government under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
(PEPFAR) is a key partner in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Uganda that plans to complement the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) effort in addressing the Human Resources for Health (HRH) shortage. The support aims to scale up HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in light of the rising HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country. Health workers recruited under this support will be contracted by the implementing Partners and they will be seconded to identified hospitals and Health Centres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Treats and ensures proper management of patients.
· Refers complicated cases to the Senior Clinical Officer.
· Works closely with other cadres in the Unit in the delivery of quality health care to patients.
· Participates in the implementation of primary health care activities.
· Adheres to professional code of conduct and ethics.
· The incumbent will also take part in the research activities.
· Participates in the collection of health data.
· Participates in teaching junior staff, patients and the public.
· Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent, from a recognized Institution.
· At least two years’ experience as a Clinical Officer.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested should send their applications in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission. The application forms are obtainable from the Health Service Commission and District Service Commission Offices ordownload here. Handwritten applications in triplicate are also acceptable. The applications should bear the title, number of the post applied for, name of the District and name of the site where the job is tenable. (Check at the top of the bottom). Please include telephone contacts on the application. The applicants should apply for only one post in one Local Government. The applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials, professional registration certificates, valid practicing licenses and three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs.
Send your applications or deliver them to the district address as indicated below;
Masindi P.O. Box 67, Masindi
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Health workers who are already in government service or private not for profit (PNFP) employment should not apply and will not be considered.
Deadline: 29th September, 2015.