Job Summary: The Gender Officer will provide services in the Communication and Support Services Division
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the mentoring, psychosocial and welfare of the GMD Female Scholarship Foundation (FSF) Scholars.
- Be responsible for the FSF Scholars internships and capacity building initiative.
- Support the Senior Gender Officer to mainstream gender in the colleges and monitor implementation of activities within the colleges.
- Support the Senior Gender Officer in managing the Students Peer Trainers Initiative and create gender awareness amongst students.
- Support the Senior Gender Officer to provide technical support to the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate on the production and dissemination of publications
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned in the normal course of doing business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Community Psychology or Social Sciences
- A Masters degree in Gender Studies, Clinical Psychology or Human Rights
- At least three years of related work experience.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent report writing and communications skills
- Team work and interpersonal skills
Age: Less than 45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Appointments Board Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Deadline: 31st December 2013