Restless Development is the leading, youth-led development agency. We have been supporting youth programming in Uganda for over 15 years and are currently implementing an ambitious, five year national strategy (2010-2015).
Our programming is focused on three key areas of young people’s lives: livelihoods and employment; sexual and reproductive health; and civic participation. Find out more here: www.restlessdevelopment.org.
Job Summary: Are you a fresh graduate looking for productive work experience with a reputable organisation? Are you looking to gain the employability skills that will enable you to flourish in the current competitive job market? Do you have an educational background in telecommunications, agriculture, banking and finance, tourism, or community development? If so, then we would like to hear from you. Undertaking an internship through the YouthMap Internship Programme will enable you to gain real life work experience and prove yourself to a potential employer.
Organisation: Restless Development Uganda
Duty Station: Greater Kampala; Kamwenge, Kasese, Ibanda, Bushenyi, Isingiro; Iganga, Kamuli, Jinja, Mbale, Sironko, Bugiri, Busia; and Gulu, Pader, Amuru, Oyam, Lira and Dokolo, Uganda
Deadline: 29th November 2013 by 5 pm.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
We are looking for talented young graduates. To participate you must:
- The applicant should hold a diploma (of at least two years) or university degree (first or upper second)
- Demonstrate leadership experience or potential
- Demonstrate commitment to help others, and promote community development
- Be entrepreneurial and open to new challenges and ideas
- Be ready to commit to a placement for six months
- Reside in the districts where the internship opportunities are available. Currently, we have opportunities in the following USAID priority districts: Greater Kampala; Kamwenge, Kasese, Ibanda, Bushenyi, Isingiro; Iganga, Kamuli, Jinja, Mbale, Sironko, Bugiri, Busia; and Gulu, Pader, Amuru, Oyam, Lira and Dokolo.
- Be a citizen of Uganda
- Age limit 23 and 30 years
How to Apply:
All completed electronic forms must be submitted to [email protected] .
All handwritten applications can be delivered to:
Plot 975, Lutaya Drive, Bukoto
P.O. Box 599, Ntinda
Note to Applicants:
Applicants who previously applied can reapply. You must be available to participate in a selection day between Monday 9th December, 2013 and Friday, 20th December 2013. The programme will run for a period of six months, from January to July 2014. Successful applicants will be required to enter into an internship contract with their host employer. Due to the large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within one week of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.