Job Title: Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at The National Center for State Courts
The National Center for State Courts is inviting applications from qualified candidates with a proven commitment to access to justice and peace building for the position of Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Officer under the Supporting Access to Justice, Fostering Equity and Peace (SAFE) Program in Uganda funded by USAID. USAID-SAFE is a five-year development program that seeks to strengthen the Government of Uganda’s capacity with respect to peace building and conflict mitigation.
The position reports to the M & E and Learning Advisor. The position is Kampala-based with frequent travel within Uganda. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate grantee performance evaluation and reporting, including collecting performance progress data and maintaining supporting documentation for performance achievements, in compliance with
• Prepare, in coordination with the project Technical Teams and Learning Advisor, grantee performance monitoring plan, and periodic reports required by NCSC and USAID, including quarterly and annual
• Conduct and monitor training in areas relevant to reporting, monitoring, and evaluation grantees.
• Coordinate with M&E and Learning Advisor to provide technical input in grants program design and implementation, as needed, to ensure monitoring and evaluation are adequately taken into account.
• Conduct monitoring and evaluation of Program grantees to ensure achievement towards SAFE Program indicators.
• Attend, participate in, and/or report on formal and informal meetings with grantees, host-country and international counterparts, including relevant donorfunded projects.
• Other related duties, as needed.
• University degree in political science, sociology, social sciences or related field.
• At least 4 years as Grants Reporting officer or similar position working on access to justice, legal aid or conflict mitigation in Uganda.
• Familiarity with measurement and statistics for social sciences, administration and analysis of opinion survey data.
• Knowledge and experience working under USAID technical and financial reporting requirements preferred.
• Ability to write reports and informational materials
• Commitment to ethics, transparency and accountability in program implementation
• Computer literacy
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be submitted in MS Word format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Officer” no later than 5:00 pm on 9th May 2014.