Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resource
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct Human resource planning and manage information related torecruitment and personnel statistics
· The HR Officer will be tasked to prepare and implement annual induction programs for the new staff in line with the annual recruitmentplan.
· Manage the UNBS payroll administration and other related payments
· The incumbent will be tasked to design and schedule training and development programs to suit staff needs in line with departmental training requirements.
· The job holder will oversee employee relations and staff welfare
· The incumbent will be charged with the preparation of regular HR reports and statistics
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager Human Resource.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource, Business and B.Com (Human Resource Management option) Social Sciences from a recognized University/Institution. Possession of a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management is an added advantage
· At least three years’ of HR-related work experience
· Applicants who are members of the professional HR body have an added advantage
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficient in the use of MS Word, Access, Excel, Power point and Internet Applications
· The successful candidate needs to be a team player with passion for people performance and development
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
· Possess the ability to work with cross-departmental teams
· High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Age: 25 – 35 years
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Plot M217 Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O Box 6329,
Deadline: 26th July 2015 by 5:00 PM