Job Title: ICT Specialist
The Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister has received credit financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for the Dry Lands Integrated Development Project to be implemented in the Karamoja Sub region (Project reference number UG-0082-83). The Office of the Prime Minister will implement the Drylands Integrated Development Project through Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. an International Non-Profit Organisation solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals through the Millennium Villages Projects (MVPs) in 10 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Dry Lands Integrated Development Project will implement multi sectoral interventions aimed at holistically addressing challenges faced by pastoralist communities that directly contribute to the objective of reducing vulnerability, building resilience, and accelerating the achievements of the UN Millennium Development Goals mainly in the districts of Moroto, Napak, Nakapiripiriti and Amudat.
Job Summary: The ICT Specialist will serve as the primary focal point person for all IT related interventions of the project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing hardware and software technical assistance to both the project offices and the field offices.
- Supporting the Education sector in ICT for education programs
- Carry out ICT trainings to communities, Teachers, Trainers and Students
- Supporting the shared solar technician in the ICT Components of the mini-grid systems.
- Working as the ICT focal point for ICT for communities
- Supporting all sectors in GIS Mapping of project Interventions
- Identify and install sector specific office soft wares for the different sectors
- Provide office software and hardware support
- Ensure proper maintenance of all office software and hardware
- Make sure value for money is ensured in all infrastructure developments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate for the ICT Specialist vacancy should hold a good first degree in Computer science, Business Computing, Computer Engineering or IT.
- At least four years’ relevant hands-on working experience in a similar position.
- Professional qualification in CCNA or A+ or the equivalence
- Past experience working with GIS software
- Possession of a CCNP certification will be an added advantage
- Practical networking experience is required
- Past NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of any of the Health information management systems will be a plus
- Basic knowledge/ training or experience in Electrical wiring will be an added advantage but not a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
- Willingness and ability to work in the field for at least 90% of the time
- Possession of a motor cycle riding permit, good riding ability and willingness to ride are a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter (in a sealed envelope clearly marked with “”APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF…””), curriculum vitae, three work related referees, copies of academic certificates, and testimonials either hand delivered or posted to this address: Millennium Promise Alliance Inc. Uganda, C/O Pacification and Development Department, 5th Floor Room 2521. Office of the Prime Minister, Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 3rd October 2014 by 2:00pm