The Law Development Centre (LDC) has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services. Some of It’s key functions include;
- To provide legal training to lawyers and non lawyers
- To research into topical legal issues and recommend proposals for law reform
- To provide law reports and legal publications
- To provide community legal services
Job Summary: The Records Assistant will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining Staff Records and Information System in line with Centre Policies and Records Management guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the plan, implement and maintain effective staff records system in line with the Centre policy and records management guidelines.
- Plan, implement and maintain effective HR information system in line with the Centre policy and records management guidelines.
- Plan, implement and maintain updated staff records, statistics and information management system in line with Centre policy, records/information management guidelines.
- Plan, implement and maintain an effective monitoring system for safe custody of records within the Centre’s registry achieves.
- Ensure access control to registry office and file cabinets keys in line with, records/information management guidelines.
- Capture and update staff data in the software system and maintain up to date staffing position list in line with set guidelines.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Assistant Academic Registrar or Head of Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in Library and Information Science (DLIS) from a recognized institution. Possession of Postgraduate qualification in Records Management is an added advantage.
- Two or more years relevant work experience in a reputable institution with strong record keeping and management function.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be a person with a high level of integrity.
Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications in writing (typed) accompanied by a copy of the CV and academic qualifications and names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character referee. Please send to: The Secretary, Law Development Centre, P. O. Box 7117, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 24th October 2014