For over 20 years, Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) has been working to provide voluntary family planning (FP) services to thousands of men and women across the country. MSU is the largest, most specialized private FP and reproductive health (RH) organization working in every district of Uganda with approximately 30% of modern contraceptive market share.
90% of our clients are women living in rural and underserved areas where health services, particularly family planning are not readily available. MSU is a key implementing partner of the Ministry of Health, particularly the division of Reproductive Health at Central, Regional and District levels. MSU receives funding from USAID, UKaid, UNFPA, the Dutch Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as well as private foundations.
- Oversee and monitor the performance of the vehicles to achieve maximum utilisation, Vehicle Routing & Scheduling for optimal use.
- Make sure that all monthly, quarterly and annual reports and information as required by the Organisation are produced promptly on a timely basis. Additionally analyse information and quality of report prior to distribution.
- Ensure that the Fleet Management System is implemented in accordance with MSU Fleet Management rules.
- Alert the senior transport Assistant, or and Procurement and Logistics Manager when service of a particular vehicle is due so that it can be carried out in a timely manner.
- Required to establish the necessary resources (fuel, etc) to match the overall operational requirements and monitor trends upwards or downwards and adjust resources accordingly to match these trends.
- Implement Best Practices established and ensure that KPI‟s (Key Performance Indicators) are maintained with the parameters set.
- Be accountable for ensuring that all Administrative Requirements are maintained and valid thus making sure that the relevant offices are informed in time to effect renewals of all contracts, insurance policies are carried out on a timely basis.
- Make sure that minimum Health and Safety requirements for drivers are met in full, together with considerations for environmental needs.
- Continuously collect and collate valuable data or information relating to improvements required for Standardisation and Development purposes for Fleet Management and communicate this information to Management and other staff.
- Share experiences gained with other staff members and strive towards creating good team building and harmonious atmosphere.
- The candidate should possess a good bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the following areas; Procurement and Logistics Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Computing, Mechanical Engineering with a bias in motor vehicle Mechanics
- Past exposure and experience in using fleet management tracking systems in NGO /or commercial setting
- Demonstrable experience of a range of logistics activities, route scheduling, vehicle service and maintenance, and general transportation management.
- Proven skills in use of computers particularly Microsoft Office computer programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of institutional donors in the sector and related compliance regulations (e.g., DFID, EC, USAID, UNFPA) regarding transport and vehicle usage
- Extensive knowledge of mechanics particularly motor vehicles
- Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Able to think strategically
- Perfect and effective written and verbal communication in English is essential.
- Able to multi-task and efficiently manage competing priorities
Deadline: Friday 23rd May, 2014 by 6 PM.