Job Title: Internal Auditor
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is a faith-based private university established in 1993, and owned by the Uganda Episcopal Conference. UMU received a civil University Charter in 2005 from government, to legitimize its existence and autonomy. UMU offers full-time, weekend/part time, and distance-learning courses. Students are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and countries like Uganda, the rest of Africa and world-wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in the preparation of annual audit plan and the budget for the department; prepare work plans.
- Carries out compliance audits and keeps up to date with all operations systems procedures and with all statutory and compliance requirements which impact on the University.
- Compiles and prepares reports on every assignment and participates in the preparation of quarterly reports to the Audit and Finance Committee of Council.
- Participates in the development of the Internal Audit strategy, providing consulting services to Management and staff and performs any other related work as assigned by the Vice- Chancellor.
- Makes sure that financial information needed by the Management Committee for decision making is compiled and presented in a professional manner.
- Ensures that there is confidentiality in respect to all matters pertaining to the Finances of the university and any other information.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Internal Auditor should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance. ACCA/CPA/CIA and other certification papers.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable institution and must be computer literate.
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates may submit their three copies of their hand written applications along with a copy of CV, copies of all supporting documents, two passport size photographs and names and contact details of three reputable referees in responsible positions to the following address:
Director, Human Resources, Uganda Martyrs University, P.O. Box 5498, Kampala. Uganda OR Deliver THREE COPIES of applications by hand at Uganda Martyrs University, Rubaga Campus or Masaka Teaching Centre.
Indicate on the top of the envelope the post you are applying for.
NB: Remember to send three copies of your application and indicate on the top of each envelop the post you are applying for.
Deadline: 21st July, 2014