Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine.
These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
The Brewing Technical Operator will mainly operate any of the brewing process as per manufacturer’s stated (standard) operating procedures to produce product that meets stated quality requirements as per the quality standards in a very safe manner, while ensuring high plant reliability, minimal process and component waste.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for brewing output (OEEs, Quality, waste reduction and environment protection).
- Accountable for usage of the inputs / raw materials and additives in brew house.
- Consistently keep process records as required by the quality management systems.
- Ensure that there is safety to any contractors working in the plant. Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment, this is aimed at achieving zero harm/injury.
- Perform daily Autonomous maintenance, scheduled preventive and corrective maintenance tasks to ensure targeted plant reliability of about 95%.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Diageo Brewing Technical Operator should hold a Diploma in Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechanical Engineering and any other related field.
- Institute of brewing Qualifications are an added advantage.
- Past exposure and training and coaching in Process control preferably in a Food/ beverage manufacturing industry.
- Engineering skills (mechanical /electrical/ instrumentation)
- Operational system support skills as defined in the Capability matrix.
- Manufacturing Excellence.
- Time management skills and ability
- Excellent team player
- Positive attitude
- Self-driven with minimal supervision
- Change agent
How to Apply for the job: