Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles California, and is the largest community-based provider of HIV treatment and care services in the United States of America. AHF registered in Uganda as AHF-Uganda Cares, is collaboration between the Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (U.S.A) to provide free HIV/AIDS services; including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings. AHF- Uganda Cares to-date operates in 15 districts including; Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Mpigi, Lyantonde, Soroti ,Lwengo, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba ,Serere, Hoima and Tororo and supporting 21 clinic sites country wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer leadership, guidance, technical assistance and administrative support to all data staff and staff support heads of departments in addressing M&E needs/activities;
- Assist the Uganda Cares Program in their dialogue with key partners at country and district level to ensure that the program’s M&E activities are integrated, meaningful and achievable
- Actively coordinate the collection, collation, validation and reporting of data key Country and Uganda Cares program indicators for all supported sites.
- Must be able to analyze data in any statistical software, interpret and summarize data and generate reports, conduct periodic data audits,
- Identify and implement required interventions to ensure data quality and efficient data collection at site level
- Assist the Country Program Director in sub-partner related project M&E activities including periodical report production, support supervision, and technical oversight of partners
- Work closely with the Country Program Director and other department heads in rolling out training and capacity building of M&E activities, planning, quarterly, monthly and annual review meetings of country work plans
- Actively participate in the development of M&E guidelines and tools at Country level and country level
- Must have the ability to develop and project targets together with other data managers
- Coordinate and participate in data collection for the indicators in the M&E plan
- Generate statistical and narrative monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Uganda Cares program and all projects therein for circulation at Bureau level, country level, district level and partners and ensure timely submission
- Participate and provide M&E expertise in the new and existing projects which will involve planning; M&E framework design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Training Manager in the designing and lead M&E training programs within the program and all other projects therein
- Offer data and evidence to the quality country level team to highlight areas and sites that need improvement
- Participate in the designing of data collection tools required by the program and all projects therein
- Ensure standardization of all data collection tools and methodologies across implementing partners and sites within the program and the projects therein
- Develop good working relations with other data staff to ensure that M&E remains a high priority in the country program;
- Perform any other duties may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics or public Health with additional training and certification in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Five or more years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in an HIV/AIDS Non-governmental Organization, managing program data and information, strong data analysis skills in excel, Stata or SPSS
- Good knowledge and experience working with Open MRS will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates who desire to work for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) should Apply Online through our web recruitment portal.