Job Title: Partnerships/PrivateSector Specialist/Technical Advisor I
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Job Summary: The USAID Project Partnerships/Private Sector Specialist/Technical Advisor I will have overall responsibility for technical direction and implementation of private sector/partnership activities. She/he will work together with the other technical leads/specialists for the conceptualization, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a strategy for WASH and private sector partnerships.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The job suitor should hold an MBA or equivalent and 5-8 years’ experience with private sector technical assistance in WASH
- At least three years’ experience in a demanding results driven environment, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership;
- Prior experience working in partnership with not-for-profit organizations, microfinance groups or social businesses
- Strong track record in managing partners
- Proficiency in two or more languages spoken in Uganda
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong self-motivation
- The applicant must be a highly motivated individual with an exemplary record of leadership and project management.
- Successful candidates will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently, be self-motivated, have the ability to thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence.
- We place great value on relevant personal qualities: independence, flexibility, resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, energy, and work ethic.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter with an updated resume including salary requirements by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job reference in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 15th September, 2014