Job Title: Procurement Officer
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Smile Communications (U) Ltd is a leading ISP in Uganda offering 4G LTE super-fast, high quality and reliable internet access services. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The Smile Procurement Officer oversees the Procurement function of the OPCO to improve the performance of the business, supporting business growth through development of procurement strategies and managing the corporate governance of the business. The incumbent also manages the procurement process, analyses information and prepare reports. He / she will also determine and maintain record of all PRs, POs and RFQs and any other procurement activities within the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the procurement function aligned with group procurement in terms of policy, procedures and reporting.
- Assist group procurement in the purchases of the centralized products and services.
- Responsible for all local purchasing activities and for various procurement and service contracts entered into by the Company.
- Implement procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement needs are met on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Identify, monitor, and maintain visibility of KPI’s related to purchasing activities.
- Identify multiple sourcing options and reputed and financially strong suppliers/ vendors to ensure cost effective procurement.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships and monitor vendor performance
- Periodically provide information to senior management regarding the status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, termination, and closeout of sub-contracts, as applicable.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three to five years’ experience at the procurement field
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and purchasing principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and administrative policies governing various practices.
- Has an excellent network of contacts and suppliers to make it easy for him/her to bridge business opportunities across the country.
- A good team player
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Focused and Show initiatives
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.