Job Title: WITU Program Manager
Women In Technology Uganda (WITU) started in 2011 and was registered in Uganda as a non profit in 2012. WITU is empowering young women in Technology and Business by building capacity through training, mentoring and networking. In February 2014, we opened the First women focused tech hub in Uganda called the WITU Hub. We are located in Kamwokya on Plot 18 Kanjokya street.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the Company to the public and outside groups, organizations, and agencies; responds to a wide variety of questions, comments, and/or concerns; resolves related complaints
- Actively coordinates the development, evaluation and implementation of program goals, objectives, and activities related to office, technology, and industrial business growth
- Serves as a liaison to university, college, and other third‐party resources
- Partnerships: build and grow partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the trainees; marketing WITU, sponsorships…etc.
- Liaison with the government and industries.
- Marketing WITU and Business Development: Be the face of WITU and actively promote it through various channels etc.
- Prepares proposals to clients and responds to inquiries/requests from organization stakeholders
- Assists in developing and monitoring program budget; Works with the E.D to make recommendations to Board of Directors and government officials on programs which support the development strategy for entrepreneurial growth
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned programs, including financial reports that summarize and/or outline incoming and outgoing funds.
- Conducts research to identify emerging needs, trends, and services related to recruitment and location of WITU clients and affiliate members or other assigned areas of responsibility
- Designs and implements marketing materials to ensure public exposure to program offerings
- Identifies funding sources for projects requiring financial assistance
- Assists raise funds from private and public sources
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Three or more years’ related experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Prior exposure and experience starting, owning, operating and/or managing a small business.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Drop your application at Plot 18 Kanjokya House, Kamwokya, Kampala
Deadline: 31st August, 2014