Job Title: Human Resources Clerk (Payroll Liaison), FSN-6, FP-8
Welcome to the United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda. The United States has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Scott H. DeLisi currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The US Embassy Human Resources Clerk is the Mission’s main timekeeper and point of contact for all timekeepers. The incumbent verifies timekeeper submissions and assists in providing timekeeper training whenever needed. The jobholder is also responsible for records management within the Human Resources Office. This includes correct filing and storage of both American and Locally Employed Staff personnel records. Job holder performs other duties for American staff, including embassy and host-country government check-in, assists with family member employment programs, including awards, and drafts personnel actions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The ideal candidate must have completed secondary school (both “O” and “A” levels) is required.
- At least three years of clerical/administrative experience in Human Resources or Administration is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge, speaking, reading and writing) English is required. Level II (limited) in two local languages (speaking, reading) is also required.
- Possess good working knowledge of general human resources practices and conduct, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Must be tactful with good judgment and ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees and supervisors; must be personable and be able to inspire confidence in all staff members; must be discreet and able to handle sensitive information.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel) is required.
- Keyboarding skills that include moderate speed (30 words per minute) are required.
How to Apply for the jobs:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
NB: Only electronic submissions will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 1st October, 2014