Job Title: Protection Coordinator
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Protection Coordinator career opportunity should hold an MA Degree in teaching, social work or social sciences
- Previous experience in project management and team management
- Prior exposure and experience in working with at-risk children and families, ideally experience in case management
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities
- Ability to write weekly and monthly reports
- Show commitment to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Understanding of social welfare systems and Human Rights Protection mechanisms
- Ability to manage stress, be flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances
- Ability to maintain consistent high standards of professional behavior and achievement when working independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One-page motivation letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae (CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: email@example.com
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th December 2017 by 4:00pm