Job Title: Remuneration Officer
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of Choice providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit people with high integrity, dedication and commitment for vacant positions above.
Job Summary: The Remuneration Officer will render support to human resources and remuneration activities ensuring employees have set and agreed on performance targets and measures and issues dealing with remuneration are well managed in line with the Human Resource Manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in validating the performance agreements of employees.
- Works closely with the HR managers to collect and compile the HR monthly metrics/reports and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations.
- Participates in training and coaching of staff on the performance management system and updates of the Human Resource Information System-HRIS.
- Supports employees with uploading their performance agreements and carrying out their performance reviews using the HRIS
- Actively participates in the job evaluation process
- Coordinates the salary and benefits surveys
- Manage and update the HRIS.
- Manages the centralized payroll.
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of annual Human Resource budgets, reports any variations and recommends remedial actions to overcome variances.
- Serves as the in house administrator of the Staff Provident Fund.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a University degree in Business or Social Sciences or any other related degree. A postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ post-qualification experience gained in a busy Human Resource and Administration Department of a profit-oriented enterprise.
- High degree of personal integrity
- Initiative and self-drive
- Highly reliable and accountable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing and confident.
- Courteous in nature
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Highly result/Achievement oriented
How to Apply for the job:
If you meet the above requirements and desire to join NSSF, please send your capability statement and enclose a CV of not more than 3 (three pages) including three referees and copies of academic and professional certificates/testimonials, postal address, email address and daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources & Administration PLOT 1, Pilkington Road,
13th Floor Workers House.
P.O. Box 7140, Kampala – Uganda.
Please indicate the position applied for on the envelope
(Application for the position of with the reference number).
Deadline: 12th September, 2014 by 5PM