Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) is a Social Enterprise incorporated in Uganda and Kenya working to significantly improve health outcomes and set the benchmark of accessibility to health professionals and information and affordability of quality health care.
TMCG is a consortium of innovative ventures in the Health Care industry involving Call Centres, Clinics, Ambulances, Pharmacies, Software Applications and a Foundation.
The core objective is to design, deploy and scale up innovative health care service delivery models to ensure sustainable access to a comprehensive, affordable and quality health care and education driven by client engagement and innovation.
The Medical Concierge Group has received countrywide and international recognition and awards for impacting people’s lives such as the 2014 Google Africa Connected Award, the 2013 Ericsson Excellence in Innovation Award, 2013 Microsoft 4Afrika Award, 2013 Deutsche Telekom Innovation Award and the 2012 Warid Entrepreneurship Fund Award.
Job Summary: The Sales and Marketing Manager will also be focused on management of sales and marketing plans, processes and outputs to ensure maximum revenue generation, profitability and brand value.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating sales and marketing plans and strategies.
- Preparing annual sales and marketing budgets, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing outcomes and initiating corrective actions.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations.
- Carrying out market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups;
- Sourcing marketing opportunities and placing adverts / infomercials in the media and other channels.
- Overseeing the development, production and distribution of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, blog posts etc.
- Identifies sales & marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining the market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal sales process
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field, CIM or it’s equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience working in a ‘sales and marketing’ role.
- Possess a strong background in sales and marketing in a startup environment.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power point
- Demonstrated work ethic and ability to complete deliverables in established timeframes
- Excellent networking, written and oral communication skills
- Possess the ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified candidates are requested to submit only a letter of interest and CV. The applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly include the job title you are applying for in the subject of the email.