Job Title: Access Technical Program Manager
The Google.org Access Development team’s objective is to bring broadband to emerging markets in a financially sustainable and scalable way to impact hundreds of millions of people. The group focuses on developing business models, regulation and technology to support these goals. There is a strong emphasis on bringing new technologies or new ways to use technologies to solve the access challenges in these markets.
The Google Access team works to make Internet access more robust, accessible, and affordable for all. The group is focused on developing next-generation technologies and applying existing technologies in new ways, as well as encouraging business models and regulation that can improve broadband access around the world.
The Access Strategy Team drives the access strategy for Google, seeking the creation of more and faster broadband pipes, preserving the openness of the wired Internet and bringing the open ethos of the wired Internet to the wireless world. In partnership with teams across the company, the team develops products, makes strategic investments and influences public policy to achieve these goals.
Job Summary: The Google Access Technical program manager will be mainly responsible for defining and implementing access projects, as well as identifying and incubating promising technologies that can have an impact on the global Access challenge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the outside plant implementation of the fiber network and oversee the implementation of network integration undertaken by equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Manage the day to day network operations oversight with country level NOC contractor personnel to ensure SLAs are being met.
- Coordinate and manage the communication between the cross functional teams, equipment suppliers and fiber contractors, NOC personnel or any other deployment and operations support related matters.
- Support the development of operations dashboards, processes and procedures along with training programs and documentation.
- Process all escalated network issues and resolve the same in coordination with cross functional teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal Google candidate should possess a good bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- At least two years’ professional experience in a telecommunications field.
- Past experience selecting, hiring and managing contractors, working effectively with permitting and other government agencies and large, cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience creating network drawings, route maps and scopes of work.
- Exposure and experience using Google Earth.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of core and access transmission network design using SDH, DWDM and IP technologies and of inside and outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure.
- Possess the ability to interpret OTDR Trace and Power Meter test results and audit projects for compliance with scopes of work.
- Working ability using drafting software such as CAD.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who desire to work with Google should send their applications by reviewing Job requirements at the link below and Click Apply Now if contented with the requirements.