Job Title: Transport Manager
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “To be a leading Water Utility in the World.” NWSC is a utility parastatal 100% owned by The Government of Uganda. It was established in 1972 under decree No: 34. The mandate of the Corporation as defined in the National Water & Sewerage Corporation Statute of 1995, Section 5 (1), is to operate and provide water and sewerage services in areas entrusted to it, on a sound, commercial and viable basis. The NWSC operations were initially in three towns of Kampala, Jinja, and Entebbe.
Job Summary: The Transport Manager will offer transport services to the Corporation and ensure proper maintenance and utilisation of the fleet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an efficient and effective fleet management system to ensure efficient utilization of the fleet.
- Ensure that all vehicles used by NWSC are safe and roadworthy, driven by trained drivers and maintained by experienced serviced Providers.
- This includes both NWSC – owned and leased vehicles.
- Ensure that the regulations in the Vehicle Logbooks and Driving Policies are adhered to by all the drivers
- Take full day to day transport fleet management with system of reporting to Manager Administration.
- Work closely with the Directorates, Departments, Areas and Sections by providing them with required number of vehicles of appropriate conditions and relevant load capacities.
- Oversee transport planning system in order to come up with the vehicles distribution plan to satisfy all the requests
- Develop and implement Plan Preventative Maintenance program (PPM).
- Ensure timely delivery of materials and chemical.
- Initiate disposal of uneconomical/ absolute vehicles.
- Initiate procurement of new vehicles.
- Initiate leasing / hiring of vehicles.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an optimal fleet size
- Ensure timely fleet repair and maintenance.
- Initiate and manage the issuance of fuel.
- Carries out any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should possess a Master’s Degree in Transport and Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies and Social Sciences.
- At least four years’ of post qualification experience in a large reputable organization in Transport management field
- Two years working with a large parastatal or busy commercial entity is a must.
- Membership with professional bodies like CILT is an added advantage
- Proficiency in using reporting, statistical and data analysis tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and coaching skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- High level of integrity.
Age Limit: Between 30 – 55 years of age.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested individuals should send in their applications with detailed Curium virtue (CV) attached with academic transcripts /certificates including three professional referees addressed to Senior Manager Human Resource, P.O. Box 7053 Kampala, Uganda or hand deliver them at our Head Office Plot 39 Jinja Road.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Tuesday 30th September 2014 by 5.00 p.m.