Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will support the Procurement Officer in conducting University Procurement activities and disposal activities in line with the University policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of reviewing requisitions from users and ensuring that they are in line with the approved budget.
· Responsible for preparing relevant purchase orders.
· Following up on the issued purchase orders to ensure timely deliveries.
· Maintaining the fixed assets register, capturing newly acquired assets and recommending necessary replacements and/or repairs.
· Working closely with University carpentry workshop for required documentation concerning the furniture made.
· Guiding users on the handling and maintenance of assets.
· In charge of preparing and submitting necessary reports.
· Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Business Administration specializing in Procurement, from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in procurement.
· Computer literacy i.e. Proficient in the use of Excel, MS word etc.
· Excellent data analytical skills
· Person of integrity with the ability to make mature decisions.
· Be a mature and committed Christian.
· Highly self-motivated.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.( Academic, Leadership and Pastoral). Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and send to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Deadline: 4th September, 2015 by 5:00 PM