Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intuitively analyze samples and specimen and interpret results in accordance with STF Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & guidelines as well as MOH policies & guidelines
- Ensure the safety and functionality of lab equipment through preventative maintenance
- Run Quality Control procedures on samples for validation of results and procedures
- Develop SOPs governing laboratory operations in line with Good Clinical Laboratory Standards, STF guidelines and Ministry of Health policies and guidelines
- Oversee all inventory of Laboratory reagents and ensure proper disposal of lab waste in line with MoH guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a good Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- A minimum of three or more years working experience in a busy clinical laboratory.
- The applicants should be registered or provide evidence of registering with the Allied Health Professionals.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should endeavor to send their applications with detailed CVs and three referees addressed or hand delivered to: The Human Resource & Admin Manager, Straight Talk Foundation, Plot 4 Acacia Avenue, Kampala, Uganda or via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 7th November 2014.