Job Title: Land Coordination Officer
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Land Acquisition Project Manager
Division: Social Performance
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Land Coordination Officer to work in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for:
- Under the direction of the Land Acquisition Manager, work closely with the RAP contractor to ensure respect of the contract and schedule for land acquisition and identify any drift from the scope or planning.
- Support the implementation of the strategy / management plan for permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation and re-settlement.
- Engage with project departments and staff in the successful creation and implementation of plans to address permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation and resettlement issues.
- Identify risks and solutions for problems or issues related to land acquisition and resettlement that could put the Project schedule or activities at risk.
- Participate in engagement with all stakeholders on land acquisition and resettlement related issues, representing the Project and ensuring messages passed are consistent with the overall stakeholder engagement plan.
- Work closely with the Livelihood restoration Coordinators to contribute to the design and piloting of livelihood restoration programmes.
- Provide administrative support to the lands team such as certifying payments, data entry and monitoring, minute-taking, preparing reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
Also Read: Program Manager Job – Iles de Paix
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors degree in Social Studies, Environment, Sustainable Development or any related field
- At least five years experience in Environment/social position in developmental project
- Experience in oil and gas industry and mining an added advantage
- Knowledge of the IFC Standards and associated environmental and Social requirements
- Clear understanding of Resettlement Action plans
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory standards on Land management in Uganda is an added advantage
- Proven work experience as Support Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Experience with office management software like MS Office
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-LCO LAND COORDINATION OFFICER”
Application Link: Click Here
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any Solicitation Will Lead to Disqualification.
Deadline: 29th January 2023 at 5:00 pm