Job Title: Contracts Engineer
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Contracts Lead Division: Business Development
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Contracts Engineer to work in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for:
The Job holder liaises with Métier Partners and acts as a lead for contracts and procurement processes in accordance with C&P policies and procedures, and related communications for contracts by performing the following tasks;
- Work closely with the Duet counterpart to create the contracting dossier to develop a clear definition of contractual responsibilities and discuss the following agenda:
- Validation of Contracting Strategies
- Preparation and Issue of Call for Tender (CFT) packages
- Negotiation and analysis of contractual and commercial bids
- Preparation of Recommendations to Award /Amend (RTA) with Duet counterpart.
- Presentations to Contract Committee
- Apply E&P contracts templates and frame agreements or FALTC signed by Total Global Procurement (TGP)
- Adapt contract standards and templates to local conditions
- Provide professional advice and guidance to all contract owners/entities with respect to contractual matters
- Liaise with C&P Methods Team for C&P referential, reporting and statistics matters.
The Job Holder executes the following contracts activities.
- Contribute to the validation of the Contracting Strategies through:
- Review scope of work developed by Duet counterpart for completeness and ensure alignment of the same with proposed contracting strategies.
- Schedule reviews of Contracts Committee presentations with Duet counterpart and relevant stakeholders prior to submission to Contracts Committee Meetings.
- Conduct prequalification exercises for bidders’ lists
- Define target prices including benchmarking
- Develop Tender evaluation plans including Contractual and Commercial criteria and support Duet counterpart / Metier Partner to develop a fit-for- purpose Technical criteria.
- Preparation and Issue of Call for Tender (CFT) and Prequalification packages;
(i) Prepare and issue the dossiers of;
- Requests for Information
- Requests for Proposals
- Call for Tender (Invitations to Bid)
(ii) In addition to the above, the Job Holder shall;
- Verify the alignment with H3SE clauses, company rules, procedures, instructions and applicable legislation prior to the issuance of tender packages.
- Ensure the right contractual and commercial terms & conditions are included.
- Use affiliate standard contracts or head office templates as starting templates during the drafting/ customisation of contracts as applicable.
- Review and negotiate contractual qualifications throughout the contracting process.
- Conduct the detailed commercial bid analysis and negotiation to achieve the best value for money.
- Prepare and issue Recommendations to Award, jointly with Duet counterpart to Contracts Committee.
- Follow up and ensure all formal contract documentation is signed and closed out to completion, following approval from the Contracts Committee, the relevant authorities and partners.
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is stored and/or uploaded in the applicable contracts and procurement storage tools and locations as per applicable procedure(s) i.e, SALSA, AGORA, W Drive
- Conduct contracts handover process following conclusion of contract award and signature, to the contract holder in the Métier Partner.
- Address, coordinate and process claims with the juridical, insurance, financial and contracting entities, as applicable.
- Contracts administration: this shall include but not limited to;
- Monitor contracts status
- Administer contract variations/ changes/ amendments/ terminations/suspensions/supplier communications
- Conduct supplier performance reviews jointly with the contract holder
- Conduct contract close out process.
- The Job holder adheres to the H3SE rules
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations
- Ensure the applicable H3SE clauses are included in all contracts
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business or related field
- Procurement professional qualification (CIPS) Bac+3 added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in a contractual environment.
- An understanding of the main liabilities and indemnities that are required to be included in suppliers’ contracts
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-COT CONTRACTS ENGINEER”
Application Link: Click Here
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any Solicitation Will Lead to Disqualification.
Deadline: 29th January 2023 at 5:00 pm