The Academic Registrar Makerere University has set Saturday April 13, 2019 as a date for the sitting of the Bachelor of Laws Pre-Entry Examination for academic year 2019/2020.
The examination will be held from 07:00am up to 12:00 noon.
Applications should be picked from the University and should be submitted to the University in person by Friday 5th April, 2019.
An application fee of 80,000/= is charged and should be paid in the bank, of your choice, (Stanbic / dfcu / Centenary / Post bank), Makerere Branches.
Who should apply?
To be eligible to sit the examination, Applicants must possess the minimum admission requirements of the University, and any one of the following specific requirements:
- `A’ Level leavers: Must hold an ‘O’ Level Certificate (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 Passes plus ‘A’ Level Certificate(UACE) or its equivalent having obtained a minimum of 13 points(Males) and 12 points (for Females) in any ‘A’ Level combination, for Humanities and Sciences. Candidates who did ‘A’ Level before 2013 should have 15 and 14 points for male and female applicants respectively.
- Diploma Holders: Must possess at least a 2nd Class or Credit Diploma from a recognized institution. Certified Copies of Diploma Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms.
- Mature Age Applicants: Must have passed the Makerere University Mature Age Entry Examination (for Bachelor of Laws) for either 2018/2019 or 2019/2020 Academic Year. Government sponsorship is only for those who sat Mature Age Exams for 2019/2020 Academic Year and applied for it.
- Degree Holders: Must be graduates in any Discipline from a recognized University. Certified Copies of Degree Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms. (Degree holders are not eligible for government sponsorship)
All applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to sit and pass the pre-entry examination of Makerere University.
All applicants interested in government sponsorship must have applied for Bachelor of Laws by filling in the Government application form. Applicants interested in private sponsorship for day (CODE:LAW) and/or evening (CODE: LAE) will apply for admission after passing the Bachelor of Laws pre-entry examination.
All applicants who hold diplomas and degrees must present a certified copy of the academic transcript. Provisional results shall not be accepted to register for this examination.
Applicants should note that admission is based on performance in the pre-entry examination and intake capacities for government, private day and private evening for all categories i.e ‘A’ level, Diploma holder, Mature Age, Degree holder and International applicants. Details of available slots for each category could be accessed at the university website.
All applicants must present the original academic documents to the academic registrar’s office at Makerere University during the registration process.
The Pre-Entry Examination shall cover the following areas:
- Reading and Comprehension Skills
- Language Skills
- Numerical Skills and Logic
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Writing Skills
Further details may be obtained from Room 505, Senate Building, Makerere University