Job Title: Management Accountant
Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) is a faith-based private university established in 1993, and owned by the Uganda Episcopal Conference. UMU received a civil University Charter in 2005 from government, to legitimize its existence and autonomy. UMU offers full-time, weekend/part time, and distance-learning courses. Students are drawn from a variety of backgrounds and countries like Uganda, the rest of Africa and world-wide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Chief Finance Officer in managing all aspects of Management Accounting.
- Be responsible for preparing Management Accounts.
- In charge of recording, processing and posting all transactions relating to all university projects.
- Intuitively reviewing bank reconciliations
- Responsible for coordinating External Audits.
- Overall supervision of the Annual Stock taking.
- Supervising and mentoring Management Accounts Assistants
- Support the Budget Officer in preparation, monitoring, controlling and reviewing budgets.
- Assisting the Budget Officer in the preparation of Budget performance reports.
- Actively coordinate with other relevant University offices and officers to get or provide the required information.
- Perform any other functions that may be required of you in the service of the University.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Management Accountant must hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance) or Master’s Degree in Commerce or Master of Science in Accounting and Finance with ACCA or CPA.
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in a busy firm/organization.
- Knowledge about the Accounting packages is an added advantage.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their handwritten application letters,
Updated CVs and photocopies of their academic documents together with letters from two referees to:
Director, Human Resources
P.O. Box 5498 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 15th November, 2014