Job Title: Management Information Systems Officer – IT Systems (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Information & Communications Technology
Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU) is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by The Accountants Act. It has the legal mandate to regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda; to prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda; as well as conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Management Information Systems Officer – IT Systems mainly monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of ICPAU. The job holder installs and configures computer systems, diagnoses hardware and software faults and solves technical a
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides IT support to staff, members and students including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Installs and configures computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Updates the Institute’s websites.
- Monitors and maintains computer systems, servers, databases, applications, backups and networks.
- Troubleshoots database queries, system and network challenges, and hardware and software problems.
- Manages the security of the IT systems.
- Repairs and maintains the Institute’s IT Equipment.
- Supports the roll-out of new applications.
- Supports procurement of IT equipment and software.
- Develops new database applications or modules.
- Keeps track of the IT Assets.
- Liaises with ICT service providers and consultants.
- Builds and manages relationships with the Institute’s stakeholders and ensures that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are met.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Head of ICT.
Also Read: Safaris Officer Job – Tamani Africa Limited
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- At least two years of relevant practical working experience in a reputable organization,
- In-depth knowledge of the programs and applications, typically Microsoft, Linux, UNIX and Cisco technologies.
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge of MYSQL and Php Programming
- Be dynamic, visionary, courteous, self-driven, energetic, team players and committed individuals of high integrity who can bring expertise in their fields.
- Have a good command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Be creative, innovative, adaptable and have a passion for quality.
- The ability to think logically;
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work;
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution;
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Problem solving skills;
- A strong customer focus;
- Ability to prioritize workload;
- Attention to detail.
- Organising and execution of work IV
- Organisation awareness III
- Supporting and co-operating II
- Managing Change II
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th January 2023