Job Title: Manager Channel Partner (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: MTN Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Regional Operations
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: Channel Partner Management, implement and ensure a comprehensive execution of MTN Uganda’s New channel sales strategy to meet overall business objectives.
He/she will promote/sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach and demonstrate product and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited for their needs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the creation and implementation of Channel/Outlet plans (strategy)
- Implement and drive sales channel plans to grow the number of Sim Selling outlets as an enabler to deliver overall business objective of growth in Gross Adds.
- Provide administrative support on all cross functional issues affecting the business in the region.
- Drive sales revenue and connection in the Territory through optimal network capacity utilization.
- Ensure effective cross functional communication/engagement within the Territory and with other stakeholders outside the region.
- Enhance trade visibility and trade marketing support in the Territory.
- Ensure key stakeholder engagement in the Territory to enhance MTN Corporate credibility
- Supervise and provide leadership to on ground tactical teams/ Direct sales teams
- Plan, implement & manage the execution of channel activations to drive acquisitions within the territory/ market segment.
- Coordinate overall supply chain in the territory/market for all channel partners.
- Plan and organize any other personal sales strategies by maximizing the returns on investment for the territory/market segment
- Manage the implementation and execution of acquisitions/device strategy and overall brand visibility within Territory.
- Build and maintain regular contacts with key channel partners to build stronger relationships.
- Promote and ensure compliance with (MTN policies, processes and procedures, overall objectives of the organization, regulatory & legal)
- Maintain professional working relationship with management, cross functional personnel, as well as industry partners.
- Perform any other function as may be delegated by the Senior Manager Regional Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related field
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in sales and distribution in a telecom company or service industry
- Structured and organized approach to communicate
- Hands-on approach to work.
- Good knowledge of sales and retail Industry trends, best practice retail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Power point skills
- Strong Analytic skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Exemplary Planning and Time Management skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience of more than two years.
- Sales & retail industry trends
- Sales & Distribution Market dynamics
- Strong Business acumen
- Extensive knowledge of the Telecom industry
- Understanding the regulatory environment specifically on both consumer & retail agent on boarding
- Business process optimisation
- Must be a team player and self-motivated.
- High levels of computer literacy
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and action
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join MTN Uganda Limited in this capacity should apply online
Deadline: 29th June 2022