Job Title: Senior Manager, Enterprise Sales (Large)
Organisation: MTN Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager Enterprise Business Unit
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager – Enterprise Sales (Large) will;
- Increase MTN Market share through segment growth, new account (Key Prospect conversion) as well as acquisition, development & maintenance of current accounts( Key Accounts – KA and Other Buying Accounts –OBA)
- Increase sales and usage of value added services in the market place with specific reference to assigned sector/vertical.
- Formulate and implement a sales plan to achieve budgeted sales.
- Maximize service levels to clients.
- Build strong relationships with existing and new customer base.
- Manage, develop and discipline were necessary staff in the assigned sector
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement MTN sales strategy in line with overall Company Business Plan
- Introduce and implement initiatives that are targeting Improvement in customer satisfaction and retention levels.
- Drive the Enterprise Business Unit strategy for penetrating of competitor accounts to increase MTN market share with specific reference to the Government sector.
- Manage the implementation of company policies and procedures regarding direct sales management.
- Introduce differentiators into the industry with special reference to the corporate sector
- Develop Enterprise Business Unit ambitious strategy for new business development
- Develop and expand sales operations in the entire country by promoting out MTN’s products and services.
- Manage the performance and development of Account Managers, Administrators and sales engineers enhance their engagement levels and ensure maximization of their potential in generating business results.
- Develop and manage sales Budget with the mandate of maintaining customer satisfaction as well as customer retention and growth. Liaise with commercial teams to ensure that knowledge of new developments and offerings is disseminated to the sales team and that customer issues/problems are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Carry out periodic segment reviews and make relevant and specific recommendations for improvement.
- Track sales regularly and generate periodic reports on sales volume growth and profitability of the sales activities within the business segment.
- Identify new sales opportunities and focus the sales effort to capitalize on such opportunities.
- Optimize sales and penetration into key accounts within the region
- Ensure that Sales Managers and Regional Managers receive the levels of support they require to operate efficiently and effectively
- Participate as members of cross-functional project team, as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B. Com / Sales & Marketing / BBA/Engineering or equivalent. A Post graduate Degree or Diploma or Professional qualification in a business-related discipline is an added advantage
- Working experience in sales management position for more than five years in a fast-paced multinational company in a highly competitive industry dealing in semi-durable high-tech goods that require after-sales service or experience in an ICT environment.
- Five years of experience in relationship management, sales and/or marketing role in a service industry
- Hold a Driver’s license
- Corporate propriety
- Flexibility to travel (local/regional)
- Constant pressure to meet extremely tight deadlines
- Relationship sales training
- Financial management
- Products and Services
- ICT Telecommunications
- GSM/3G/LTE technology
- Contract appreciation and business-related courses
- Knowledge: Segment management
- Business strategies
- Global Telecoms
- Industry awareness
- Product knowledge
- Risk management
- Sales cycle
- Supervisory Skills
Skills / physical competencies:
- Business and Financial skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent people skills
- Leadership skills
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Management skills
- Performance management
- Communication skills
- Budgeting and budgeting principles
- Presentation skills
- Financial and margin management skills (Risk management)
- Team player
- General working conditions (e.g. shift work, drivers license, specific tools, special clothing, environmental requirements, etc.)
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join MTN Uganda Limited in this capacity should apply online