Job Title: M&E Officer (Data Analyst Officer – Business Intelligence)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: We are seeking a qualified international consultant for the position of Programme Policy Officer (Data Analyst Officer – Business Intelligence) CSTII based in Kampala, The selected candidate will be employed on a Regular Consultancy Contract (11 months).
Under Research, Assessment and Monitoring Unit (formerly known as AMEL) – in 2022, WFP Uganda Country Office is committed to improve and reinforce the quality of the portfolio on its Food Security and Nutrition Assessments, to support data-driven and decision-making process for programme implementation. The position is cornerstone to improve and reinforce data analysis and data structure in line with Geo Spatial analysis. The role will also ensure a capacity strengthening plan and the exchange of learning opportunities within WFP and partners.
The Position will act as Deputy Head of the RAM in Uganda Country Office, will operate with high degree of independence and is involved in more straight forward RAM activities and programmes. The Data management and analyst (Business Intelligence) Officer will report to the head of RAM, under the coordination of the Head of Programme. Strengthening the analytics capacity and protocols of the Unit (data structure, data management, data protection, data visualization) and lead the Geo-spatial analysis (mapping and analysis- ). The RAM officer will have staff under supervision and could be deployed to the field when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure high standards of quality, reliability and validity of the data, its analysis and visualization in line with WFP’s privacy and protection guidelines
- Develop a data pipeline to automatize reports, link and adjust data visualization products, digitalize data collection tools within the Research, Analysis and Monitoring (RAM) Unit.
- Ensure that the unit has a strong data structure, that different data sources are up-date, linked/compatible with other units and have a dictionary of variables, following WFP protocols, and data privacy and protection guidelines.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of systems, tools for assessments and monitoring, as well as the review and update current data visualisation dashboards to best respond to area and country office needs
- Incorporate an accountability to affected population, protection and gender perspective in areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men
Support Data driven evidence-based decision-making process in a timely manner according to programmatic and strategic needs. (Data preparedness)
- Steer the development and or consolidation of a web-based results management system that produces reports, displays dashboards (compatible with WFP corperate system) and enable effective decision-making by WFP team
- Incentivize the use and improve the utility of the monitoring dashboards for operational and strategic decisions by the field, area and country offices as well as by our financial service providers and cooperating partners and strategic decision
Develop protocols and procedures to ensure Two-way Accountability (from implementers to clients) and Transparency of Food Security and Nutrition Assessments and Analysis
- Contribute to (or lead when requested) the development of monitoring plans, tools and reviews that will provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results (as set out in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and other global and regional plans), while being compliant with WFP needs assessment monitoring requirements.
- Lead and optimize (when needed) the monitoring standard operational processes for each implementation activity (General food assistance, Agricultural Market support, maternal and childcare nutrition, School feeding, Lean season response, etc.)
- Provide technical expertise in designing quantitative and qualitative data collection methodology for assessment, evaluations and research pieces.
- Collaborate with government and partner on joint deliverables, ensure the quality of data analysis and products
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) M&E Officer (Data Analyst Officer – Business Intelligence) job must hold a Master’s degree in data science, data analysis & management, data engineer or related degree
- At least three years of postgraduate of relevant and progressive professional experience in data management and analysis and visualization. Studies in the field of food security, agriculture, nutrition or a closely related area, such as health, research, economics or information management systems is desirable. Or bachelor’s degree in data science or related degree – with at least four years of relevant experience in development food Security, nutrition or related fields.
- Advanced knowledge in data management/dynamic structure systems or languages such as SQL, R, Python, C++, and ODK is required
- Experience on Tableau or other data visualization tools for analysis is essential.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative survey techniques and analyses with knowledge of statistical analysis (SPSS, STATA, R, etc.) is required
- Experience in managing, supervising and coaching staff.
- Knowledge on early warning, remote monitoring and GIS, analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters is desirable.
- Language: Fluency and accuracy in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 18th November 2022