Job Title: MEAL Assistant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for measurement, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning of all activities under the UNHCR project. He or she will ensure that there is quality project beneficiary data, timely measurement of project baselines, mid and end line evaluations, consistency in the objectives and success indicators of the project and will spearhead the development and timely delivery of relevant project reports. He/she will also be involved in proposal development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the development and implementation of an effective project monitoring and evaluation system
- Work with the Project Manager and MEAL Manager to conduct the project baseline survey.
- Work with the project coordinators to carry out timely project baseline, mid and end line evaluations.
- Support the Project Manager to develop and regularly update project M&E plans and indicator tracking table for use in tracking project progress
- Carry out field monitoring of project interventions
- Providing technical guidance and supervision to all project staff to ensure efficient implementation of M&E activities.
- Build capacity of project staff and partners on WVRR and WVU Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
- Take lead project learning and Reflections, and setting up of accountability framework for the project
- Establish and manage an effective project database that will include information on project beneficiaries and key project documents.
- Package project information in various ways for use in external engagement and fund raising
- Participate in the development of proposals and concept notes to ensure new funding
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development Studies or Social work and Social Administration with a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable.
- A minimum of one year experience in participatory, community-driven facilitation skills and experience in data management.
- At least one year of experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with emergency programming and implementation
- Data/information management
- Communications and reporting Representation and documentation
- Research skills Capacity building skills Designing and managing M&E systems
- Excellent demonstrated M&E including situation analysis and problem definition, report writing skills and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to design/formulate monitoring tools
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 17th January 2023