Job Title: Program Support Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Program Support Assistant will provide operational and logistical support to the Tororo Cluster and Eastern Regional Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Logistics and administration support
- Tasked with screening incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries.
- Maintain a database of assets.
- Managing a filing system for record control of key documents.
- Provide logistical support and back-up to in the planning of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure adequate stocks of key office materials are in place at all times.
- Maintaining supplies/logistics inventory and preparing requisitions for office supplies and equipment.
- Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents.
- Ensure that office is kept tidy and clean.
Support to staff
- Providing information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements.
- Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
- Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions.
- Support to meeting/fora
- Compile calendar/s of key events.
- Support planning of the events and meetings.
- Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
- Planning for and managing logistics for regional meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events.
Guest logistics: Plan for guest logistics
- Schedule meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
- Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
- Support guest’s general needs like shopping, church service.
- Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports.
- Draft regional monthly report for PM’s review and submission to ROM within the stipulated timelines.
- Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings/fora.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Program Support Assistant job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business/public administration and related fields.
- Two to three years of experience providing administrative support in a busy office environment (Front desk, Procurement and stores, records management)
- Knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 22nd August 2018